Library Rules & Regulations
General Rules :
- Readers must produce their university record book / identity card when entering the library.
- Readers must produce their belongings such as books, notes etc. when entering and leaving the library for security inspection.
- Readers are not permitted to bring bags, umbrellas, parcels, books or copies of any printed materials, or any personal belongings in to the library. They have to keep them at the cloak corner. Valuable items such as jewelry or cash should not be kept at the cloak corner. The library staff will not take any responsibility for loss of such materials.
- It is required that all readers avoid wearing unsuitable clothes like shorts, hats or caps, noisy shoes etc. when they enter the library.
- Reservations of library seats are not allowed.
- Readers are not allowed to hold discussions in the library.
- Silence should be observed in all public reading and other service areas. Readers should switch off their mobile phones during the time they are in the library.
- Consumption of food and drinks, smoking, use of matches or lighters or open flames in the library is strictly prohibited.
- Readers are not allowed to accompany any visitors in the library. All visitors should obtain the librarian’s permission to enter the library.
- Taking photographs inside the library is not allowed. Prior approval of the librarian in writing is required to take such photographs.
Special Rules :
- All library materials and other resources should be treated and protected as national resources.
- Any disorderly or improper behavior or breach of regulations will render the reader or borrower concerned liable for suspension of the library facilities or disciplinary action decided by the university; and
- All readers must adhere to the university and the library rules and regulations.
Recall of Books :
The librarian may recall books at any time and the borrower must return books immediately when called upon to do so.